The 74HC4051-Q100; 74HCT4051-Q100 is a high-speed Si-gate CMOS device and is pin compatible with Low-power Schottky TTL (LSTTL). The device is specified in compliance with JEDEC standard no. 7A.
The 74HC4051-Q100; 74HCT4051-Q100 is an 8-channel analog multiplexer/demultiplexer with three digital select inputs (S0 to S2), an active-LOW enable input (E), eight independent inputs/outputs (Y0 to Y7) and a common input/output (Z). With E LOW, one of the eight switches is selected (low impedance ON-state) by S0 to S2. With E HIGH, all switches are in the high-impedance OFF-state, independent of S0 to S2.
VCC and GND are the supply voltage pins for the digital control inputs (S0 to S2, and E). The VCC to GND ranges are 2.0 V to 10.0 V for 74HC4051-Q100 and 4.5 V to 5.5 V for 74HCT4051-Q100. The analog inputs/outputs (Y0 to Y7, and Z) can swing between VCC as a positive limit and VEE as a negative limit. VCC - VEE may not exceed 10.0 V. For operation as a digital multiplexer/demultiplexer, VEE is connected to GND (typically ground).
This product has been qualified to the Automotive Electronics Council (AEC) standard Q100 (Grade 1) and is suitable for use in automotive applications.
- Automotive product qualification in accordance with AEC-Q100 (Grade 1)
- Specified from -40 °C to +85 °C and from -40 °C to +125 °C
- Wide analog input voltage range from -5 V to +5 V
- Low ON resistance:
- 80 Ω (typical) at VCC - VEE = 4.5 V
- 70 Ω (typical) at VCC - VEE = 6.0 V
- 60 Ω (typical) at VCC - VEE = 9.0 V
- Logic level translation: to enable 5 V logic to communicate with ±5 V analog signals
- Typical ‘break before make’ built-in
- ESD protection:
- MIL-STD-883, method 3015 exceeds 2000 V
- HBM JESD22-A114F exceeds 2000 V
- MM JESD22-A115-A exceeds 200 V (C = 200 pf, R = 0 Ω)
- CDM AEC-Q100-011 revision B exceeds 1000 V
- Multiple package options
- Analog multiplexing and demultiplexing
- Digital multiplexing and demultiplexing
- Signal gating