The 74LV4051 is an 8-channel analog multiplexer/demultiplexer with three digital select inputs (S0 to S2), an active-LOW enable input (E), eight independent inputs/outputs (Y0 to Y7) and a common input/output (Z). It is a low-voltage Si-gate CMOS device that is pin and function compatible with 74HC4051 and 74HCT4051. With E LOW, one of the eight switches is selected (low impedance ON-state) by S0 to S2. With E HIGH, all switches are in the high-impedance OFF-state, independent of S0 to S2.
VCC and GND are the supply voltage pins for the digital control inputs (S0 to S2, and E). The VCC to GND ranges are 1.0 V to 6.0 V. The analog inputs/outputs (Y0 to Y7, and Z) can swing between VCC as a positive limit and VEE as a negative limit. VCC - VEE may not exceed 6.0 V. For operation as a digital multiplexer/demultiplexer, VEE is connected to GND (typically ground).
- Optimized for low-voltage applications: 1.0 V to 6.0 V
- Accepts TTL input levels between VCC = 2.7 V and VCC = 3.6 V
- Low ON resistance:
- 145 Ω (typical) at VCC - VEE = 2.0 V
- 80 Ω (typical) at VCC - VEE = 3.0 V
- 60 Ω (typical) at VCC - VEE = 4.5 V
- Logic level translation:
- To enable 3 V logic to communicate with ±3 V analog signals
- Typical ‘break before make’ built in
- ESD protection:
- HBM JESD22-A114E exceeds 2000 V
- MM JESD22-A115-A exceeds 200 V
- Multiple package options
- Specified from -40 ℃ to +85 ℃ and from -40 ℃ to +125 ℃