The 74HC4851-Q100; 74HCT4851-Q100 are high-speed Si-gate CMOS devices and are specified in compliance with JEDEC standard no. 7A.
The 74HC4851-Q100; 74HCT4851-Q100 are 8-channel analog multiplexers/demultiplexers with three digital select inputs (S0 to S2), an active-LOW enable input (E), eight independent inputs/outputs (Y0 to Y7) and a common input/output (Z). The devices feature injection-current effect control, which has excellent value in automotive applications where voltages in excess of the supply voltage are common.
With E LOW, one of the eight switches is selected (low impedance ON-state) by S0 to S2. With E HIGH, all switches are in the high-impedance OFF-state, independent of S0 to S2.
The injection-current effect control allows signals at disabled analog input channels to exceed the supply voltage without affecting the signal of the enabled analog channel. This eliminates the need for external diode/resistor networks typically used to keep the analog channel signals within the supply-voltage range.
This product has been qualified to the Automotive Electronics Council (AEC) standard Q100 (Grade 1) and is suitable for use in automotive applications.
- Automotive product qualification in accordance with AEC-Q100 (Grade 1)
- Specified from -40 °C to +85 °C and from -40 °C to +125 °C
- Injection-current cross coupling < 1 mV/mA
- Wide supply voltage range from 2.0 V to 6.0 V for 74HC4851-Q100
- ESD protection:
- MIL-STD-883, method 3015 exceeds 2000 V
- HBM JESD22-A114F exceeds 2000 V
- MM JESD22-A115-A exceeds 200 V (C = 200 pF, R = 0 Ω)
- Latch-up performance exceeds 100 mA per JESD 78 Class II level A
- Low ON-state resistance:
- 400 Ω (typical) at VCC = 2.0 V
- 215 Ω (typical) at VCC = 3.0 V
- 120 Ω (typical) at VCC = 3.3 V
- 76 Ω (typical) at VCC = 4.5 V
- 59 Ω (typical) at VCC = 6.0 V
- Analog multiplexing and demultiplexing
- Digital multiplexing and demultiplexing
- Signal gating
- Automotive application