The HEF4051B-Q100 is an 8-channel analog multiplexer/demultiplexer with three address inputs (S1 to S3), an active LOW enable input (E), eight independent inputs/outputs (Y0 to Y7) and a common input/output (Z). The device contains eight bidirectional analog switches, each with one side connected to an independent input/output (Y0 to Y7) and the other side connected to a common input/output (Z). With E LOW, one of the eight switches is selected (low-impedance ON-state) by S1 to S3. With E HIGH, all switches are in the high-impedance OFF-state, independent of S1 to S3. If break before make is needed, then it is necessary to use the enable input.
VDD and VSS are the supply voltage connections for the digital control inputs (S1 to S3, and E). The VDD to VSS range is 3 V to 15 V. The analog inputs/outputs (Y0 to Y7, and Z) can swing between VDD as a positive limit and VEE as a negative limit. VDD - VEE may not exceed 15 V. Unused inputs must be connected to VDD, VSS, or another input. For operation as a digital multiplexer/demultiplexer, VEE is connected to VSS (typically ground). VEE and VSS are the supply voltage connections for the switches.
This product has been qualified to the Automotive Electronics Council (AEC) standard Q100 (Grade 1) and is suitable for use in automotive applications.
- Automotive product qualification in accordance with AEC-Q100 (Grade 1)
- Specified from -40 °C to +85 °C and from -40 °C to +125 °C
- Fully static operation
- 5 V, 10 V, and 15 V parametric ratings
- Standardized symmetrical output characteristics
- ESD protection:
- MIL-STD-833, method 3015 exceeds 2000 V
- HBM JESD22-A114F exceeds 2000 V
- MM JESD22-A115-A exceeds 200 V (C = 200 pF, R = 0 Ω)
- Complies with JEDEC standard JESD 13-B
- Analog multiplexing and demultiplexing
- Digital multiplexing and demultiplexing
- Signal gating