Products within this series have been qualified to AEC-Q101 and are appropriate for use in Automotive applications.
Littelfuse SD05C Series TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Devices) are designed to replace multilayer varistors (MLVs) for protecting electronic equipment from damage due to electrostatic discharge (ESD) and other transient events. Unlike ceramic devices, which have an inherent wear-out factor, SD05C Series devices are made of silicon diodes, which allows them to absorb repetitive ESD strikes or surge transients safely without performance degradation. Its low dynamic resistance (0.6 for SD05C) provides up to a 50% reduction in clamping voltage when compared with competing technologies, so they can safely dissipate induced surge currents up to 30A.
- Lightning: IEC61000-4-5, 30A (tp=8/20?s); ESD: IEC61000-4-2, ±30kV contact discharge
- Low dynamic resistance of only 0.6?
- Low leakage of 1µA max.
- No inherent wear-out factor
- SOD-323 package fits existing 0805 PCB footprints
- Buttons/keypads, switches, DC power ports, and various other low-speed I/Os
- Point-of-sale terminals, test equipment or instrumentation, medical equipment, desktop/notebook computers, servers, computer peripherals, etc.