Products within the SM series have been qualified to AEC-Q101, and are appropriate for use in Automotive applications.
The two-channel, general-purpose SM Series TVS Diode Array protects sensitive equipment from damage due to electrostatic discharge (ESD), electrical fast transients (EFT), and lightning-induced surges. It can absorb repetitive ESD strikes above the maximum level specified in the IEC61000-4-2 international standard without performance degradation and safely dissipate up to 24A of 8/20?s induced surge current (IEC61000-4-5) with very low clamping voltages. SM Series TVS Diode Arrays are available in five voltage options: 5V, 12V, 15V, 24V, 36V.
- Very low dynamic resistance (RDYN): SM05: 0.19?; SM12: 0.25?; SM15: 0.30?; SM24: 0.50?; SM36: 0.65?
- Robust surge protection: Peak pulse power: 400W (tP=8/20µs); lightning, IEC61000-4-5 (tP=8/20µs)
- Enhanced ESD capability: IEC61000-4-2: ±30kV contact, ±30kV air
- Greatly reduces clamping voltages, ensuring modern ICs survive industry-defined electrical threats, such as ESD (IEC61000-4-2) and lightning-induced surges (IEC61000-4-5)
- 25% higher power handling capability than similar solutions offers more design margin to electrical threats as defined by industry standards
- 2-3 times higher ESD withstand capability than similar solutions, which far exceeds the highest level of the IEC61000-4-2 standard (Level 4, ±8kV), ensuring maximum reliability of equipment in the field
- Ports (RS-232, RS-485, RS-422, RS-423, DC power)
- A wide range of electronic equipment (industrial equipment; test and medical equipment; point-of-sale terminals; motor controls; security and alarm systems; keyboard, printer, microprocessor inputs)