The Skyworks APD series of silicon PIN diodes are designed for use as switch and attenuator devices in high-performance RF and microwave circuits. The PIN diode designs are useful over a wide range of frequencies from below 100 MHz to beyond 20 GHz. These devices use a well-established silicon technology resulting in PIN diodes with tightly controlled I-region characteristics.
The low capacitance and low resistance of the APD0505 through APD1520 diodes are ideal for switch applications that require insertion loss and fast switching speed. For switch or attenuator applications requiring high power and low distortion, the thick Iregion and high reverse breakdown voltage of the APD2220 is ideal.
- Established Skyworks PIN diode process
- Low capacitance designs to 0.05 pF
- Voltage ratings to 200 V
- Chip size < 15 mils square
- Tight control of I layer base width
- Mesa and planar chip designs
- Surveillance Systems
- Specialty Medical Applications
- Military Communications