The MRF24WN0MB is a low-power, 2.4 GHz, IEEE 802.11n-compliant, surface mount module with all associated RF components: crystal oscillator, bypass and bias passives with integrated MAC, baseband, RF and power amplifier, and built-in hardware support for encryption.
The integrated module design frees the designer from RF and antenna design tasks and regulatory compliance testing, ultimately providing quicker time to market. The MRF24WN0MB module is designed to be used with Microchip's MPLAB® Harmony Integrated Software Framework. The integrated framework implements the Application Programming Interface (API) that is used for command and control, for management, and data packet traffic. The MPLAB Harmony basic framework is free to download at http://www.microchip.com/harmony.
The MRF24WN0MB module is approved for use with specific external antenna types that are certified with the module. An ultra-small coaxial connector (W.FL) is provided on the module for connection to the external antenna. The MRF24WN0MB module has received regulatory approvals for modular devices in the United States (FCC) and Canada (IC). Modular approval removes the need for expensive RF and antenna design, and allows the end user to place the MRF24WN0MB module inside a finished product and does not require regulatory testing for an intentional radiator (RF transmitter). The MRF24WN0MB module is an R&TTE Directive assessed radio module for operation in Europe. The module tests can be applied toward final product certification and Declaration of Conformity (DoC).
For the latest firmware details and corresponding part numbers, please visit: www.microchip.com/wirelessfirmware
Please consider this device ATWILC1000
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n compliant transceiver
- 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.11n Single Stream 1x1
- SPI Interface to Host Controller (4-wire including interrupt)
- Works with Microchip's MPLAB® Harmony Integrated Software Framework
- Fully integrated wireless module with voltage regulation, crystal, RF matching circuitry, PA, LNA, and PCB trace antenna
- Ultra-small W.FL connector for external antennas
- Compact surface mount module: 0.700" x 1.050" x 0.085 inch (17.8 mm x 26.7 mm x 2.2 mm)
- Castellated surface mount pads for easy and reliable PCB mounting
- Environmentally friendly, RoHS compliant