Microchip's LAN89530 was specifically designed to provide a high performance, low-cost USB to 10/100 Ethernet connectivity solution with a Hi-Speed USB interface for Automotive applicaitons. The internal USB device controller is USB 2.0-compliant and implements Control, Interrupt and Bulk-in and Bulk-out USB endpoints. Microchip's UniClock™ technology simplifies the clocking scheme and reduces system BOM costs by using a single 25 MHz crystal for both USB and Ethernet connectivity - without the need for additional components when adding USB hubs. Applications well-suited for the LAN89530 include a diagnostic interface for dealership service bay, a fast software download interface with an OBD connector and an in-vehicle engineering development interface, among others. The LAN89530 also supports auto-negotiation, auto-polarity correction, HP Auto-MDIX and is compliant with IEEE802.3 and 802.3u standards. An external MII provides support for an external PHY which enables HomePNA® or HomePlug® functionality. Multiple power management features are provided, including various low power modes, as well as Magic Packet, Wake-on-LAN and Link Status Change wake events. These events can be programmed to initiate a remote USB wakeup. A PCI-like PME wake is also supported when the USB host controller is disabled.
Additionally, Microchip offers its complimentary and confidential LANCheck® online design review services to customers who select our products for their application design-in.*
*The LANCheck online design review service is subject to Microchip's Program Terms and Conditions and requires a myMicrochip account.
- Single Chip USB2.0 to 10/100 Ethernet Controller for Automotive Applications
- NetDetachTM for reduced system power consumption
- EEPROM-less operation - reduced BOM costs
- UniClockTM Technology - single 25 MHz crystal
- Driver support for Win 8/7/XP/Vista, Linux, CE, MAC
- Automotive AEC-Q100 qualified, Grade 3 (-40° to 85°C) temperature ranges
- Ideal for bridging Head Unit SoC to in-vehicle Ethernet network
- Ideal for bridging Telematic modem to in-vehicle Ethernet networks