Microchip's LAN8710A/LAN8710Ai are high-performance, small-footprint, low-power 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX transceivers specifically designed for today's consumer electronics, industrial and enterprise applications. The LAN8710A/LAN8710Ai are the industry's smallest footprint solution with up to 40% lower power consumption than existing Microchip transceivers. The LAN8710A/LAN8710Ai have an integrated voltage regulator and ESD protection components to help reduce Bill of Material (BOM) costs.
The LAN8710A/LAN8710Ai connect to the MAC layer using a variable voltage, digital standard MII or RMII interface, These devices support HP Auto-MDIX†, employ Microchip's proprietary flexPWR technology and are available in both extended commercial (0° to 85°C) and industrial (-40° to 85°C) temperature range options.
Microchip's complimentary and confidential LANCheck® online design review service is available for customers who have selected our products for their application design-in*.
†HP Auto-MDIX eliminates the need for special "crossover" cables when connecting LAN devices together.
- Integrated 1.2V linear regulator
- Incorporates flexPWR® technology
- Industry leading power consumption
- Up to 40% reduction from existing Microchip solutions
- Flexible I/O voltage range from 3.6V to 1.6V
- Extremely low energy detect standby mode
- Low-Cost 25MHz crystal for MII/RMII
- Industrial and extended commercial temperature range options available
- Compact package options:
- LAN8710A: 5x5mm 32-pin QFN package (MII/RMII)
- *NOTE: The package suffix '-ABC' indicates a Sawn QFN (SQFN) package. This is the recommended package
- High-definition TV (HDTVs)
- Set-top Boxes (STBs)
- Digital Video Recorders (DVRs)
- Personal Video Recorders (PVRs)
- Network Printers and Servers
- Gaming Consoles
- POS Terminals