The KSZ8852 product line consists of industrial capable Ethernet switches, providing integrated communication for a range of Industrial Ethernet and general Ethernet applications.
The KSZ8852 product enables distributed, daisy-chained topologies preferred for industrial Ethernet networks. Conventional centralized (i.e., star-wired) topologies are also supported for fault tolerant arrangements. A flexible 8- or 16-bit general bus interface is provided for interfacing to an external host processor.
The wire-speed, store-and-forward switching fabric provides a full complement of QoS and congestion control features optimized for real-time Ethernet. The KSZ8852 product is built upon Microchip's industry-leading Ethernet technology, with features designed to offload host processing and streamline your overall design:
- Wire-speed Ethernet switching fabric with extensive filtering
- Two integrated 10/100BASE-TX PHY transceivers, featuring the industry’s lowest power consumption
- Full-featured QoS support Flexible management options that support common standard interfaces
A robust assortment of power management features including energy-efficient Ethernet (EEE) have been designed in to satisfy energy-efficient environments.
Note: PTP should be disabled during compilation when using the driver listed below.
Microchip's complimentary and confidential LANCheck® online design review service is available for customers who have selected our products for their application design-in. The LANCheck online design review service is subject to Microchip's Program Terms and Conditions and requires a myMicrochip account.
- Management Capabilities
- Robust PHY Ports
- MAC Ports
- Advanced Switch Capabilities
- Comprehensive Configuration Registers Access
- Host Interface
- Power and Power Management
- Please see the datasheet for a full list of features