The RN41 is a small form factor, low power, simple to integrate Class 1 Bluetooth radio for OEMs adding wireless capability to their products. The RN41 is perfect for battery powered applications and by default is ready to use in the SPP (Serial Port Profile) configuration. It uses only 250 µA in sleep mode while still being discoverable and connectable. Multiple low power modes available allow you to dial in the lowest power profile for your application. The RN41 supports multiple Bluetooth profiles, is fully certified, and is simple to design in, making it a complete embedded Bluetooth solution.
The RN41 is also available without antenna (RN41N). This is useful when the application requires an external antenna. The RN41N is form, function, and pin compatible with the RN41. A similar module, the RN42, is a fully certified Class 2 low power Bluetooth module.
Note: The Bluetooth SIG changed the product listing process effective February 1, 2014. Click HERE for more information.
Firmware version 6.30 is the latest production firmware version available for the standard RN41. To receive the latest firmware version 6.30, please order part number RN41-I/RM630
Firmware version 5.50 is the latest production firmware version available for the RN41APL. To receive the latest firmware version 5.50, please order part number RN41APL-I/RM550
- Fully-certified Class 1 Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR module
- Onboard embedded Bluetooth stack (no host processor required)
- UART (SPP or HCI) and USB (HCI only) data connection hardware interfaces
- Supports Bluetooth data link to iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
- Supports HID profile for making accessories such as keyboards, mouse, pointing devices
- Programmable low power modes
- Secure communications, 128 bit encryption
- Error correction for guaranteed packet delivery
- UART local and over-the-air RF configuration
- Auto-discovery/pairing requires no software configuration (instant cable replacement)
- Castellated SMT pads for easy and reliable PCB mounting
- The standard part number (RN41-I/RM) supports SPP and DUN profiles
- Available in multiple configurations: Apple-compatible firmware (RN41APL-I/RM), HCI mode (RN41HCI-I/RM), HID mode (RN41HID-I/RM), USB mode (RN41U-I/RM), and socket module (RN41SM-I/RM)
- Available without antenna (RN41N-I/RM)
- Bluetooth SIG qualified