The RN4870 Bluetooth Low Energy module is designed for easy implementation into a broad range of applications. It delivers up to 2.5x throughput improvement and more secure connections vs. Bluetooth 4.1 based products. Developers can easily interface to the device via a standard UART interface, available on most Microcontrollers and Processors.
The RN4870 has a completely integrated Bluetooth software stack, and offers a shielded regulatory certified version with built-in antenna. Developers are freed from the complexities of Bluetooth Software and RF development and can simply utilize the RN4870 as a wireline replacement. Perfect for IoT (Internet of Things) applications, when interfaced to a Bluetooth Low Energy enabled smartphone or Bluetooth Internet Gateway, applications can be monitored, controlled and updated from anywhere in the world.
Microchip's complimentary and confidential Wireless Check online design review service is available for customers who have selected our products for their application design-in*.
*The online design review service is subject to Microchip's Program Terms and Conditions and requires a myMicrochip account.
For product comparison, please consider: RN4871
- Bluetoooth 5 Certified
- ASCII interface commands for communication with the host microcontroller
- Scripting features to allow for operation without a host microcontroller.
- Increased privacy features
- White list for determining connections
- MLDP compatibility with RN4020
- Remote configuration capability
- 1.9V~3.6V operating range
- Antenna: Ceramic chip Antenna or external antenna connection
- Module certified for use in USA, Canada, Europe, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and China