The Microchip LAN83C185 is a low-power, highly integrated analog interface IC for high-performance embedded Ethernet applications. The LAN83C185 requires only a single +3.3V supply.
The LAN83C185 consists of an encoder/decoder, scrambler/descrambler, transmitter with wave-shaping and output driver, twisted-pair receiver with on-chip adaptive equalizer and baseline wander (BLW) correction, clock and data recovery, and Media Independent Interface (MII).
The LAN83C185 is fully compliant with IEEE 802.3/802.3u standards and supports both 802.3u-compliant and vendor-specific register functions. It contains a full-duplex 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX transceiver and supports 10 Mbps (10BASE-T) operation on Category 3 and Category 5 unshielded twisted-pair cable, and 100 Mbps (100BASE-TX) operation on Category 5 unshielded twisted-pair cable.
*The LANCheck online design review service is subject to Microchip's Program Terms and Conditions and requires a myMicrochip account.
Please consider this device LAN8710A, LAN8720A, LAN8740A, LAN8742A
Note: The LAN83C185 is not recommended for new designs. The LAN8710A/LAN8720A are the suggested replacement devices for this product. Features
- Single Chip Ethernet PHY
- Fully Compliant with IEEE 802.3/802.3u Standards
- 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX Support
- Supports Auto-Negotiation and Parallel Detection
- Automatic Polarity Correction
- Integrated DSP with Adaptive Equalizer
- Baseline Wander (BLW) Correction
- Media Independent Interface (MII)
- 802.3u Compliant Register Functions
- Vendor Specific Register Functions
- Comprehensive Power Management Features
- General Power-down Mode
- Energy Detect Power-down Mode
- Low profile 64-pin TQFP RoHS compliant package
- Single +3.3V Supply with 5V Tolerant I/O
- 0.18 Micron Technology
- Low Power Consumption
- Operating Temperature 0° C to 70° C
- Internal +1.8V Regulator
- LAN on Motherboard
- 10/100 PCMCIA/CardBus Applications
- Embedded Telecom Applications
- Video Record/Playback Systems
- Cable Modems and Set-Top Boxes
- Digital Televisions
- Wireless Access Points