The RN4678 is a fully certified Bluetooth Dual Mode (BR/EDR/LE) module, which enables the designer to easily add classic Bluetooth and Bluetooth Smart capability to their products. Delivering local connectivity for the Internet of Things (IoT), the RN4678 bridges the product to Smart Phones and Tablets for convenient data transfer, control and access to cloud applications.
This Bluetooth SIG certified module provides a complete wireless solution with Bluetooth stack on-board, integrated antenna, and worldwide radio certifications in a compact surface mount package, 22 x 12 x 2.4 mm. It supports GAP, SDP, SPP, and GATT profiles. Data is transferred over the Bluetooth link by sending/receiving data via transparent UART mode, making it easy to integrate with any processor or microcontroller with a UART interface. Configuration is made easy through ASCII commands via UART.
Available iOS Applications for the RN4678:
Bluetooth Smart Discover
Microchip’s Smart Discover for iPhone or iPad provides the ability to scan and connect to nearby Microchip Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) peripherals and listen to BLE broadcasters.
Microchip's complimentary and confidential Wireless Check online design review service is available for customers who have selected our products for their application design-in*.
*The LANCheck online design review service is subject to Microchip's Program Terms and Conditions and requires a myMicrochip account.
For product comparison, please consider: RN4870, RN4871
- Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low-Energy Support
- Bluetooth 5 Certified
- Easy to use RN-style ASCII interface
- On-board embedded Bluetooth Stack (GAP, SDP, SPP, GATT)
- Easy to use transparent mode for data transfer via UART
- Multiple I/O pins for control and status
- Secure AES128 encryption
- +2 dBm Transmit Power
- Receiver Sensitivity -90 dBm (Classic); -92 dBm (LE)
- Firmware can be field upgradable via UART
- Compact surface mount module: 22 x 12 x 2.4 mm
- Temperature Range from -20°C to +70°C
- Operating Voltage: 3.3 – 4.3V
- Bluetooth SIG Certified
- Worldwide regulatory certifications
- Mobile Point of Sales (mPOS)
- LED lighting
- Digital Sports
- Module certified for use in USA, Canada, Europe, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, India and China
- Fitness Devices
- Health Care/Medical
- Automotive Accessories
- Home Automation
- Remote Control Toys