The SY55859L is a dual CML 2x2 crosspoint switch optimized for high-speed data and/or clock applications (up to 3.2Gbps or 2.7GHz) where low jitter and skew are critical. This device is pin-for-pin, plug-in compatible to the MAX3840. Each 2x2 of the SY55859L routes any input to any output, and thus can distribute or multiplex a clock or data stream. The I/O architecture is fully differential and CML compatible. Both inputs and outputs are optimized for 50 transmission lines. The inputs (DA 0-1 and DB 0-1) are internally terminated with 50 , thus eliminating external termination, and the outputs (QA0-1 and QB0-1) include 50 source termination. Furthermore, a power-saving output enable feature is provided which powers-down unused outputs.The SY5859L operates from a +3.3V ±10% supply, and is guaranteed over the industrial (-40°C to +85°C) temperature range. It is available in a 32-pin (5mm x 5mm) QFN package.For applications that require either lower voltage operation or a more flexible input interface (for applications such as AC-coupled LVPECL inputs), consider the SY55858U.
- Pin-for-pin, plug-in compatible to the MAX3840
- Supply voltage operation: +3.3V±10%
- Low Jitter: -2psRMS random jitter -5psPP deterministic jitter
- Power saving output disable feature
- 15ps channel-to-channel skew
- Fast CML outputs: <100ps tr/tf
- Available in a small (5mm x 5mm) 32-pin EPAD-QFN package