The BM90 multi-speaker stereo audio module is a compact, highly integrated module for Bluetooth v3.0 with Enhanced Data Rate 2.4GHz applications. This module is fully compliant with Bluetooth specification and completely backward-compatible with Bluetooth 2.0 or 1.2 systems. It incorporates IS1690S multi-speaker stereo audio chip, 32Kb EEPROM, PCB antenna, and ISSC’s own Bluetooth software stack to achieve the required BT v3.0 with EDR functions.
To provide the superior audio and voice quality, it also integrates a DSP co-processor, a PLL, and a CODEC dedicated for voice and audio applications. For voice, not only basic CVSD encoding and decoding but also enhanced noise reduction and echo cancellation are implemented by the built-in DSP to reach the better quality in the both sending and receiving sides. For enhanced audio applications, SBC decoding functions can be also carried out by DSP to satisfy Bluetooth A2DP requirements.
In addition, to minimize the external components required for portable devices, a battery voltage sensor , battery charger, a switching regulator and LDO are integrated to reduce system BOM cost for various Bluetooth applications.
- Compliant with Bluetooth Specification v.3.0 + EDR in 2.4 GHz ISM band module
- Supports the following profiles :
- Hands Free 1.5
- Headset 1.0
- A2DP 1.0
- AVRCP 1.0
- Built-in 16MHz main clock input
- Built-in internal ROM for program memory
- Support to connect to two hosts ( phones, tablets…) with HFP or A2DP profiles simultaneously
- Adaptive Frequency Hopping (AFH) avoids occupied RF channels
- Fast Connection supported RF Hardware
- Fully Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR system in 2.4 GHz ISM band
- Combined TX/RX RF terminal simplifies external matching and reduces external antenna switches
- Max. +4dBm output power with 20 dB level control from register control.
- Built-in T/R switch for Class 2/3 application
- To avoid temperature variation, temperature sensor with temperature calibration is utilized into bias current and gain control
- Fully integrated synthesizer has been created. There requires no external VCO, varactor diode, resonator and loop filter
- Crystal oscillation with built-in digital trimming for temperature/process variations
- Built-in PCB antenna.
- Support A-Law or µ-Law PCM format, or CVSD (Continuous Variable Slope Delta Modulation) for SCO channel operation
- Noise suppression
- Echo suppression
- SBC decoding
- Packet loss concealment
- Build-in one languages (English) voice prompts and 20 events for each one
Flexible HCI interface
- 16 bit DAC and 16 bit ADC codec
- 94dB SNR DAC playback
- 85 dB SNR ADC. Peripherals
- Built-in Lithium-ion battery charger (up to 350mA)
- Integrate 3V, 1.8V configurable switching regulator and LDO
- Built-in ADC for battery monitor and voltage sense.
- A line-in port for external audio input
- Two LED drivers
- Built-in 32Kb EEPROM
- High speed HCI-UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter) interface (up to 921600bps)
- 15 x 29 mm2 40 pins package