The KSZ8001 is a 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/100BASE-FX Physical Layer Transceiver, operating the core at 1.8 volts to meet low voltage and low power requirements.
The solution provides MII/RMII/SMII interfaces to transmit and receive data. A unique mixed-signal design extends signaling distance while reducing power consumption. HP Auto MDI/MDI-X provides the most robust solution for eliminating the need to differentiate between crossover and straight-through cables.
Featuring LinkMD cable diagnostics, which allows detection of common cabling plant problems such as open and short circuits, the KSZ8001 represents a new level of features and performance and is an ideal choice of physical layer transceiver for 100BASE-TX/10BASET/100BASE-FX applications.
Microchip's complimentary and confidential LANCheck® online design review service is available for customers who have selected our products for their application design-in. The LANCheck online design review service is subject to Microchip's Program Terms and Conditions and requires a myMicrochip account.
Please consider this device KSZ8081, KSZ8091
- Single chip 100BASE-TX/100BASE-FX/10BASE-T physical layer solution
- 1.8V CMOS design, power consumption 250 mW
- Robust (130m+) operation over standard cables
- Supports Media Independent Interface (MII), Reduced MII (RMII), and Serial MII (SMII)
- LinkMD feature to determine cable length and diagnose faulty cables up 200m with ±2m accuracy
- Configurable through MII serial management port or via external control pins
- Programmable LED outputs for link, activity, full/half duplex, collision, and speed
- On-chip built-in analog front end filtering for both 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-T
- Supports HP MDI/MDI-X auto crossover
- Supports power down mode and power saving mode
- MDC/MDIO to 12.5 MHz for rapid configuration
- Fully compliant to IEEE 802.3u standard
- Supports auto-negotiation and manual selection for 10/100Mbps speed and full/half-duplex mode
- Supports back-to-back, 100BASE-FX to 100BASE-TX for media converter applications
- Single 3.3V power supply with built-in 1.8V regulator (‘L’ parts)
- Available in 48-Pin LQFP and 48-Pin SSOP packages