The SY88029L is a dual rate 2.5G/10G burst mode limiting post amplifier designed for use mainly in XGPON/XGS-PON, and NG-PON OLT receivers.
The SY88029L contains a high-sensitivity input stage followed by 2.5G/10G auto rate detector/noise discriminator block with user-programmable, wide range SD assert/LOS de-assert threshold levels, which enables optimized system reach. Typically, 2dB of electrical hysteresis is provided to minimize LOS or SD chattering caused by noisy input signals especially if the noise discriminator is disabled. A logic level control pin is provided to enable user selection of a TTL LOS or SD status indication signal.
The SY88029L provides fast SD assert and LOS de-assert times over the entire differential input voltage range of 5mVPP to 1800mVPP.
The SY88029L provides a user-adjustable decision threshold circuit to optimize BER in noisy applications. By applying an external control voltage, the decision threshold can typically be adjusted from 30% to 70% from the nominal 50% threshold when the circuit is disabled.
The SY88029L provides integrated 20KΩ input resistor and a switch to add a 10Ω parallel to it for RC time constant control. The SY88029L has 45Ω output impedance The post amplifier features output swing control, pre-emphasis, and polarity inversion to simplify PCB layout. A TTL-compatible JAM input is provided to enable a SQUELCH function by feeding back the LOS or SD signal. The JAM input disables only the post amplifier output.
The SY88029L operates from a single +3.3V power supply, over temperatures ranging from –40°C to +95°C.
To request the datasheet, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Additional Features
- Dual-rate operation 2.5G/10G for XPON, XGSPON, NG-PON2 OLT
- Adjustable decision threshold level for BER optimization
- Wide differential input range (5mVPP to 1800mVPP)
- Selectable LOS or SD status signal indicator
- Wide SD de-assert or LOS assert threshold range, 3mVPP to 33mVPP with 2dB typical electrical hysteresis
- Fast SD de-assert or LOS assert times: 110ns typical,150ns maximum in AUTORESET mode and 4 ns typical in MANRESET mode
- TTL-compatible JAM input with internal pull up
- Output polarity inversion, crossing, and output swing control
- Low-noise swing programmable CML 10G outputs with integrated 45Ω termination impedance and 25ps typical rise/fall times
- Integrated input switch for RC time constant control
- Wide range power supply: 3.3V ±10%
- Extended temperature range: 40°C to +95°C
- Available in a small 4mm x 4mm QFN package