The PL360B is a programmable modem for narrow-band Power Line Communication (PLC), able to run any PLC protocol in the frequency band below 500 kHz.
This device has been designed to comply with FCC, ARIB, KN60 and CENELEC EN50065 regulations matching requirements of Internet of Things and Smart Energy applications. It supports state-of-the-art narrow-band PLC standards such as ITU G.9903 (G3-PLC®), ITU G.9904 (PRIME) as well as any other narrowband PLC protocols, being at the same time a future-proof platform able to support the evolution of these standards.
The PL360B has been conceived to be driven by external Microchip host devices, thus providing an additional level of flexibility on the host side. The Microchip host device loads the proper PLC-protocol firmware before modem operation and controls the PL360 modem.
- Programmable Narrow-Band Power Line Communication (PLC) Modem
- Integrated PLC Front end
- PGA with automatic gain control and ADC
- DAC and transmission driver support direct line driving or external Class-D amplifier driving
- Digital transmission level control
- Supports two independent transmission branches for the PLC signal
- Up to 500 kHz PLC signal bandwidth
- Cryptographic engine and secure boot
- AES 128, 192, 256 supported
- Secure boot: supports AES-128 CMAC for authentication and AES-128 CBC for decryption
- Fuse programming control for decryption and authentication
- Optimized PLC modem architecture
- Combines high-performance CPU with specific co-processors for digital signal processing, plus dedicated hardware accelerators for common PLC tasks
- Dedicated SRAM memories for code and data
- Available in TQFP-48 and QFN-48 packages