The BM64 stereo audio module is a fully-certified Bluetooth module for designers who want to add Bluetooth wireless audio and voice applications to their products.
This Bluetooth SIG certified module provides a complete wireless solution with Bluetooth stack, integrated antenna, and worldwide radio certifications in a compact surface mount package. This stereo module has integrated Li-Ion charger and contains a digital audio interface. It supports HSP, HFP, SPP, A2DP, and AVRCP profiles. Both AAC and SBC codecs are supported for A2DP.
Bluetooth Low Energy supports standard Generic Access Service, Device Information Service and a proprietary service for data communication.
Note: The BM64 module supports two versions of firmware for single-speaker applications: DSPK version 1.1 and 2.1. Modules are pre-programmed with DSPK v1.1. See the tools package under the Documentation tab for new features and instructions on how to upgrade from version 1.1 to 2.1. Microchip also supports multi-speaker applications. For more information about multi-speaker applications, contact your local Microchip sales representative.
- Bluetooth 5 Certified
- On-board Bluetooth Stack
- Class 2 module with +2 dBm (typical) output power and Class 1 module with +15 dBm (typical) output power
- Transparent UART mode for seamless serial data over UART interface
- Easy to configure with User Interface (UI) tool, a Windows® configuration utility or directly by MCU
- USB firmware upgrade supported
- Supports both digital audio I2S format and analog audio output
- Compact surface mount module: 32 x 15 x 2.5 mm3
- Castellated surface mount pads for easy and reliable host PCB mounting
- RoHS compliant
- Ideal for portable battery-operated devices
- Internal battery regulator circuitry
- On-board antenna
- FCC, Canada (IC), European Economic Area (CE), Korea (KCC), Taiwan (NCC), Japan (JRF), and China (SRRC) certified