Microchip's LAN9352/LAN9352i is a high-performance, small-footprint, full-featured 2-port managed Ethernet switch. This device is application-optimized for consumer, embedded and Industrial designs which require a highly integrated, cost effective device with switching functionality, flexibility and ease of integration.
Featuring a small form factor 2-port switch, the LAN9352/9352i supports compact PCB design and with 2 Integrated PHY's . LAN9352 extends the definition of the LAN9353 by replacing the Port 0 MII/RMII/Turbo MII interface with a full featured Ethernet MAC accessible through a high-performance host bus or SPI/
SQI Interface .The Host MAC incorporates the essential protocol requirements for operating an Ethernet/IEEE 802.3-compliant node and provides an interface between the Host Bus Interface (HBI) and the Ethernet PHYs and Switch Fabric. The device communicates with the microcontroller through an SRAM-like slave interface. The simple, yet highly functional host bus interface provides a glue-less connection to most common 8 or 16-bit microprocessors and microcontrollers as well as 32-bit microprocessors with an 8 or 16-bit external bus. Alternatively, the device can be accessed via SPI/SQI . The Host MAC interfaces with the 10/100 Ethernet PHY’s (Virtual PHY, Port 1 PHY, Port 2 PHY) via an internal SMI (Serial Management Interface) bus .
IEEE 1588-2008 is supported via the integrated IEEE 1588-2008 hardware time stamp unit, which supports end-to-end and peer-to-peer transparent clocks. The LAN9352 complies with the IEEE 802.3 (full/half-duplex 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX) Ethernet protocol, IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) (100Mbps only), and 802.1D/802.1Q network management protocol specifications, enabling compatibility with industry standard Ethernet and Fast Ethernet applications. 100BASE-FX is supported via an external fiber transceiver.
The LAN9352/9352i switch combines all of the functions of a 10/100 system, including the switch fabric, packet buffers, buffer management, MACs, PHY transceivers and optional serial management functions. Both versions of the device comply with IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX Ethernet protocol specifications, enabling compatibility with industry standard Ethernet and Fast Ethernet applications. Supports Fiber Interface through SFP and SFF Physical medium
Microchip's complimentary and confidential LANCheck® online design review service is available for customers who have selected our products for their application design-in*.
*The LANCheck online design review service is subject to Microchip's Program Terms and Conditions and requires a myMicrochip account.
- IEEE 1588-2008 Hardware Time Stamping Unit
- IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet
- Wake On LAN
- Cable Diagnostics
- High-performance, full-featured 2-port switch with per-port IEEE 802.1Q VLAN support (up to 16 VLAN groups)
- IGMP v1/v2 monitoring for multicast packet filtering
- Optional EEPROM or external CPU serial management support via an I2C™ interface
- Virtual PHY feature simplifies software development by mimicking multiple switch ports as a single-port PHY
- Integrated 1.2V regulator for a single 3.3V supply
- Supports Fiber Interface through SFP and SFF Physical medium
- 42 per-port MIB counters for efficient network management
- Industrial temperature (-40° to 85°C) options available (LAN9352i)
- LAN9352: 10x10mm, 0.5mm pitch 72-pin SQFN package
- LAN9352: 12x12mm, 0.5mm pitch 80-pin TQFP-EP package
- Cable, Satellite, and IP Set-top Boxes (STBs)
- Digital Televisions (DTVs)
- Digital/Personal Video Recorders (DVRs/PVRs)
- VoIP/Video Phone Systems
- Building Automation
- Security and Surveillance
- Home Gateways/Consumer Audio/Video
- Test/Measurement Equipment
- Industrial Automation and Control