The SY55858U is a low-voltage, high-speed dual 2 x 2 crosspoint switch with a flexible input that accepts CML or PECL, and a 50Ω compatible differential CML (currentmode logic) output. The non-blocking design allows any input to connect to any output. Varying the state of the select inputs allows SY55858U to be used in backup, fault tolerant, protection and backplane distribution applications.The signal inputs (DA0-1 and DB0-1) have a unique internal termination design that allows access to the termination network through VT pins. This feature allows the device to easily interface to other logic standards such as AC-coupled or DC-coupled PECL/LVPECL signals. For applications that require a single-channel 2x2 crosspoint, consider the SY55854.
- Guaranteed AC parameters over temperature:
- fMAX >3.0GHz (3Gbps)
- tr/ tf <120ps
- Within-device skew <25ps
- Non-blocking "switch architecture"
- Configurable as dual 2:1 mux, dual 1:2 fanout buffer, 1:4 fanout buffer, quad buffer, or dual 2x2 switch
- 50Ω compatible outputs
- Unique input termination and VT pin for DC-coupled and AC-coupled input signals-CML or PECL
- Fully differential inputs/outputs
- TTL/CMOS compatible control logic
- Wide supply voltage range: 2.3V to 3.6V
- Wide operating temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
- Available in 32-pin EPAD-TQFP package