The IS1678 is a fully‐certified Bluetooth® (BR/EDR/LE) IC for designers who want to easily add dual mode Bluetooth wireless capability to their products. Delivering local connectivity for the Internet of Things (IoT), the IS1678 IC bridges your product to Smart Phones and Tablets for convenient data transfer, control and access to cloud applications.
This Bluetooth SIG certified module provides a complete wireless solution with Bluetooth stack onboard, integrated antenna, and worldwide radio certifications in a compact surface mount package, 6 x 6 mm. It supports GAP, SDP, SPP, and GATT profiles. Data is transferred over the Bluetooth link by sending/receiving data via transparent UART mode, making it easy to integrate with any processor or microcontroller with a UART interface. Configuration is made easy using a Windows® based GUI or directly via UART by a MCU.
The IS1678 SoC is available in ROM-based (IS1678S) and Flash-based (IS1678SM) variants.
- Bluetooth Classic (BR/EDR) and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE/LE)
- Bluetooth 5 Certified
- Available with either ROM or Flash (see ordering information below)
- Bluetooth SIG Certified
- Transparent UART mode for seamless serial data over UART interface
- Easy to configure with Windows GUI or direct by MCU
- Firmware field upgradable via UART
- IC Size: 6 x 6 mm
- Castellated surface mount pads for easy and reliable host PCB mounting
- Environmentally friendly, RoHS compliant
- Perfect for portable battery operated devices
- Internal Battery Regulator Circuitry
- Worldwide regulatory certifications
- Single operating voltage: 3.2V to 4.3V
- Temperature range: ‐20C to 70C
- Simple, UART interface
- Integrated crystal, internal voltage regulator, and matching circuitry
- Multiple I/O pins for control and status
- Frequency: 2.402 to 2.480 GHz
- Receive Sensitivity: ‐90 dBm (Classic); ‐92 dBm (LE)
- Power Output: 2 dBm (typ.)