Microchip's LAN9354/LAN9354i is a high-performance, small-footprint, full-featured 3-port managed Ethernet switch. This device is application-optimized for consumer, embedded and Industrial electronic designs which require a highly integrated, cost effective device with switching functionality, flexibility and ease of integration.
Featuring a small form factor 3-port switch, the LAN9354/9354i supports compact PCB design and RMII( Reduced Media Independent Interface). The virtual PHY feature mimics a single PHY connection through the RMII interface to the host SoC, which can reduce software development time. This feature also allows system designers to swap the single PHY and Ethernet switch to create multiple SKUs from the same software driver.
IEEE 1588v2 is supported via the integrated IEEE 1588v2 hardware time stamp unit, which supports end-to-end and peer-to-peer transparent clocks. The LAN9354 complies with the IEEE 802.3 (full/half-duplex 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX) Ethernet protocol, IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) (100Mbps only), and 802.1D/802.1Q network management protocol specifications, enabling compatibility with industry standard Ethernet and Fast Ethernet applications. 100BASE-FX is supported via an external fiber transceiver.
The LAN9354/9354i switch combines all of the functions of a 10/100 system, including the switch fabric, packet buffers, buffer management, MACs, PHY transceivers and optional serial management functions. Both devices comply with IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX Ethernet protocol specifications, enabling compatibility with industry standard Ethernet and Fast Ethernet applications. Supports Fiber Interface through SFP and SFF Physical medium
Microchip's complimentary and confidential LANCheck® online design review service is available for customers who have selected our products for their application design-in*.
*The LANCheck online design review service is subject to Microchip's Program Terms and Conditions and requires a myMicrochip account.
- IEEE 1588-2008 Hardware Time Stamping Unit
- IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet
- Wake On LAN
- Cable Diagnostics
- High-performance, full-featured 3-port switch with per-port IEEE 802.1Q VLAN support (up to 16 VLAN groups)
- IGMP v1/v2 monitoring for multicast packet filtering
- Optional EEPROM or external CPU serial management support via an I2C™ interface
- Virtual PHY feature simplifies software development by mimicking multiple switch ports as a single-port PHY
- Integrated regulators require a single 3.3V supply Supports Fiber Interface through SFP and SFF Physical medium 42 per-port MIB counters for efficient network management
- Industrial temperature (-40° to 85°C) options available (LAN9354i)
- LAN9354: 8x8mm, 56-pin QFN package for Single RMII
- Cable, Satellite, and IP Set-top Boxes (STBs)
- Digital Televisions (DTVs)
- Digital/Personal Video Recorders (DVRs/PVRs)
- VoIP/Video Phone Systems
- Building Automation
- Security and Surveillance
- Home Gateways/Consumer Audio/Video
- Test/Measurement Equipment
- Industrial Automation and Control