The KSZ8864 is a highly-integrated, Layer 2 managed 4-port switch with optimized design, plentiful features and small package size. The KSZ8864 Automotive qualified (AEC-Q100).
KSZ8864 is designed for cost-sensitive 10/100Mbps 4-port switch systems. On-chip termination, low-power consumption, and small package to save system cost. KSZ8864 utilizes a shared memory-based switch fabric with full non-blocking configuration.
KSZ8864 also provides an extensive feature set including: power management, programmable rate limiting and priority ratio, tag/port-based VLAN, packet filtering, quality of service (QoS), four queue prioritization, management interface, and MIB counters. Ports 3 and 4 support either MII or RMII interfaces. KSZ8864 provides multiple CPU control/data interfaces to effectively address a wide variety of fast Ethernet applications.
The KSZ8864 contains four MACs and two PHYs. The two PHYs support the 10/100Base-T/TX. All registers of MACs and PHYs units can be managed by the control interface of SPI or the SMI. MIIM registers the PHYs can be accessed through the MDC/MDIO interface. EEPROM can set all control registers by I2C controller interface for the unmanaged mode.
Microchip's complimentary and confidential LANCheck® online design review service is available for customers who have selected our products for their application design-in. The LANCheck online design review service is subject to Microchip's Program Terms and Conditions and requires a myMicrochip account.
Advanced switch features
- Fully managed 4-port 10/100Mbps switch with dual MII/RMII interfaces
- IEEE802.1q VLAN
- QoS packet prioritization
- IEEE802.1d rapid spanning tree protocol (RSTP)
- Programmable rate limiting at the ingress and egress on a per port and priority basis
- Source MAC address filtering for ring support
- MIB counters for fully compliant statistics, gathering 34 MIB counters per port
- Ultra-low power consumption with integrated line termination
- Single 3.3V supply with internal 1.2V LDO controller
- Flexible VDDIO support 3.3V, 2.5V, and 1.8V
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Industrial temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
- Small 64-Pin 8mm x 8mm QFN