The SY55854U is a fully differential, CML, 2x2 crosspoint switch. The non-blocking design allows any input to be connected to any output. Varying the state of the select inputs allows SY55854U to be used in backup, fault tolerant, protection, and backplane distribution applications.SY55854U inputs can be terminated with a single resistor between the true and the complement pins of a given input.The SY55854U is a member of Micrel's new SuperLite™ family of high-speed logic devices. This family features very small packaging, high signal integrity, and flexible supply voltage operation.
- Guaranteed fMAX >2.5GHz over temperature
- 2.3V to 5.7V power supply
- Non-blocking "switch architecture"
- Guaranteed <15ps channel-to-channel skew
- Guaranteed <480ps propagation delay over temperature
- Configurable as 2:1 mux, 1:2 fan-out buffer, dual buffer, or 2x2 switch
- Accepts CML, PECL, LVPECL inputs
- Fully differential inputs/outputs
- Source terminated CML outputs for fast edge rates
- Wide operating temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
- Available in a tiny 16-pin EPAD-QSOP package