Microchip's SmartConnect ATWILC1000 is an IEEE 802.11 b/g/n IoT link controller module. The ATWILC1000 connects to Microchip AVR/SMART MCUs, SMART MPUs, and other processors with minimal resource requirements with a simple SPI/SDIO-to-Wi-Fi interface.
The ATWILC1000 supports single stream 1x1 802.11n mode providing tested throughput of up to 46 Mbps UDP & 28 Mbps TCP/IP. The ATWILC1000 features a fully integrated Power Amplifier, LNA, Switch and Power Management. The only external clock source needed is a high-speed crystal or oscillator.
The ATWILC1000 can be used in Linux, RTOS or Baremetal Environments.
Microchip's complimentary and confidential Wireless Check online design review service is available for customers who have selected our products for their application design-in*.
*The online design review service is subject to Microchip's Program Terms and Conditions and requires a myMicrochip account.
Firmware Release Notes: ATWILC1000-MR110 - Initial release
Click HERE for the WILC Linux driver on GitHub
For product comparison, please consider: ATWILC3000, ATWINC1500, ATWINC3400
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n (1x1)
- Integrated PA and T/R Switch
- Superior Sensitivity and Range via advanced PHY signal processing
- Wi-Fi Direct, station mode and Soft-AP support
- Supports Personal & Enterprise IEEE 802.11 WEP, WPA, WPA2 Security
- On-chip memory management engine to reduce host load
- SPI and SDIO host interfaces
- Operating temperature range of -40C to +85C
- Module is Agency Certified for US, Canada, Europe, Korea and Japan