Microchip's LAN9303M/LAN9303Mi is a high-performance, small-footprint, full-featured 3-port managed Ethernet switches. Both devices are application-optimized for consumer and embedded electronics designs which have a rapid development cycle and require low-cost switching functionality, flexibility and ease of integration.
Featuring the industry's smallest form factor 3-port switch, the LAN9303M/9303Mi supports compact PCB designs and single dual (LAN9303M) MII/RMII/Turbo MII (Media Independent, Reduced Media Independent and Turbo Media Independent Interfaces). The LAN9303M(i)'s second MII/RMII/Turbo MII port enables direct connectivity with home networking technologies such as MoCA®, HomePlug®, HomePNA™ (HPNA) and Optical Fiber, among others. This device supports Turbo MII mode to accomplish network speeds up to 200 Mbps. The virtual PHY feature mimics a single PHY connection through the MII/RMII/Turbo MII interface to the host SoC, which can reduce software development time. This feature also allows system designers to swap the single PHY and Ethernet switch to create multiple SKUs from the same software driver. Additionally, the LAN9303/9303M offer the industry's highest (±8kV/15kV) per-port ESD protection.
The LAN9303M/9303Mi switch combines all of the functions of a 10/100 system, including the switch fabric, packet buffers, buffer management, MACs, PHY transceivers and optional serial management functions. Both devices comply with IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T and 100BASE-TX Ethernet protocol specifications, enabling compatibility with industry standard Ethernet and Fast Ethernet applications.
Microchip's complimentary and confidential LANCheck® online design review service is available for customers who have selected our products for their application design-in*.
- High-performance, full-featured 3-port switches with per-port IEEE 802.1Q VLAN support (up to 16 VLAN groups)
- Industry's highest (±8kV/15kV) per-port ESD protection
- IGMP v1/v2 monitoring for multicast packet filtering
- Up to 200 Mbps network speed via a Turbo MII interface
- Optional EEPROM or external CPU serial management support via an I2C™ interface
- Virtual PHY feature simplifies software development by mimicking multiple switch ports as a single-port PHY
- Integrated regulators require a single 3.3V supply
- 42 per-port MIB counters for efficient network management
- Industrial temperature (-40° to 85°C) options available (LAN9303i/9303Mi)
- Package options:
- LAN9303M: 10x10mm, 72-pin QFN package for dual MII/RMII/Turbo MII
LAN9303/9303M Application Examples
- Cable, Satellite, and IP Set-top Boxes (STBs)
- Digital Televisions (DTVs)
- Digital/Personal Video Recorders (DVRs/PVRs)
- VoIP/Video Phone Systems
- Home Gateways/Consumer Audio/Video
- Test/Measurement Equipment
- Industrial Automation and Control