Microchip's LAN7500 is a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet controller providing a high-performance and cost-effective USB to Ethernet connectivity solution. The LAN7500 contains an integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet PHY, USB PHY, Hi-Speed USB 2.0 device controller, 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet MAC, TAP controller, EEPROM controller and a FIFO controller with a total of 32KB internal packet buffering. The device supports 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 1000BASE-T Ethernet and implements Control, Interrupt, Bulk-in and Bulk-out USB endpoints. The Ethernet controller supports auto-negotiation, auto-polarity correction, HP Auto-MDIX† support and is compliant with IEEE 802.3/802.3u/802.3ab standards.
USB-based networking provides flexibility for the routing and placement of network connections anywhere in the system. USB-based solutions leverage the existing USB stack for the Ethernet driver. The LAN7500 is also available with a wide range of drivers including Windows®, Mac® and Linux®.
The LAN7500 also offers Microchip’s NetDetach™ and UniClock™ technologies. NetDetach allows for up to a 25% reduction in power by enabling the host CPU to enter a low-power state when Ethernet is inactive. UniClock simplifies the clocking scheme and reduces system BOM cost by using a single 25MHz crystal for both USB and Ethernet connectivity. Multiple power management features are provided, including various low-power modes and Magic Packet™, Wake-on-LAN (WoL) and Link Status Change wake events. These wake events can be programmed to initiate a USB remote wakeup. The device is available in commercial (0° to 70°C) and industrial temperature range (-40° to 85°C) options.
Microchip's complimentary and confidential LANCheck® and USBCheck™ online design review services are available for customers who have selected our products for their application design-in*.
†HP Auto-MDIX eliminates the need for special "crossover" cables when connecting LAN devices together.
- Single-chip, Hi-Speed USB 2.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Implements NetDetach™ technology for reduced system power consumption
- Supports EEPROM-less operation for reduced BOM costs
- Requires only a single 25MHz crystal
- Easy upgrade for USB-based 10/100 Ethernet (LAN9500/9500A) to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
- Supports IEEE 802.3/802.3u/802.3ab standards
- Industrial temperature range option available (LAN7500i)
- 8x8mm, 56-pin QFN, RoHS-compliant package
- Embedded Systems
- Consumer Electronics Devices
- Docking Stations
- Digital TVs (DTVs)
- Set-Top Boxes
- Personal Video Recorders (PVRs)
- Network Printers
- USB Port Replicators
- Stand-alone USB to Ethernet Dongles
- Industrial Designs