The SY10/100E116 are quint differential line receivers designed for use in new, high-performance ECL systems.These devices have emitter-follower outputs and an internally generated reference supply (VBB) for singleended reception.Active current sources combined with Micrel's ASSET™ technology provide the receivers with excellent common mode noise rejection.The receiver design features clamp circuitry to cause a defined output state if both the inverting and non-inverting inputs are left open; in this case the Q output goes LOW, while the Q output goes HIGH.If both inverting and non-inverting inputs are at equal potential, the receiver does not go to a defined state, but rather shares current in normal differential amplifier fashion, producing output voltage levels midway between HIGH and LOW.The VBB output is intended for use as a reference voltage for single-ended reception of ECL signals to that device only. When using VBB for this purpose, it is recommended that VBB is decoupled to VCC via a 0.01µF capacitor.For higher bandwidth, please refer to the SY10/100E416 device.
- 450psmax Propagation Delay
- Extended 100E VEE range of -4.2V to -5.5V
- VBB output for single-ended reception
- Fully compatible with industry standard 10KH, 100K I/O levels
- Internal 75KΩ input pulldown resistors
- Fully compatible with Motorola MC10E/100E116
- Available in 28-pin PLCC package