Firmware version 4.81 is the latest production firmware version available for the RN171. To receive the latest firmware version 4.81, please order part number RN171-I/RM481. For more information about firmware version 4.81, please see the Release Notes.
Firmware version 4.83 provides fixes for the Key Reinstallation attack or 'Krack' vulnerability. The Firmware and Release notes are available under the Documentation tab.
The RN171 is a small form factor, ultra-low power embedded TCP/IP module measuring only 27 x 18 x 3.1 mm. The RN171, like the RN131, is a full-featured 802.11 b/g surface mount module. Due to its small form factor and extremely low power consumption, it is perfect for mobile wireless applications such as asset monitoring, sensors, and portable battery operated devices.
For quickly and easily evaluating the RN171 module, Microchip offers the RN-171-EK, a compact, battery and USB-powered kit with push buttons for SoftAP and WPS mode.
For the latest firmware details and corresponding part numbers, please visit: www.microchip.com/wireless
Please consider this device ATWINC1500
- Ultra-low power for battery powered applications
- Firmware configurable transmit power: 0dBm to +12dBm
- Hardware interfaces: UART and SPI Slave
- Supports SoftAP and infrastructure networking modes
- RF pad for external antenna
- User programmable GPIO & ADCs
- Real-time clock for time-stamping, auto-sleep, and auto-wakeup modes
- Run directly from batteries or regulated power supplies
- Configuration over serial or wireless interface using simple ASCII commands
- Over the air firmware upgrade
- Secure Wi-Fi authentication schemes (WEP/WPA/WPA2)
- Full onboard TCP/IP stack (no external drivers required)