The 74LVC245A; 74LVCH245A are 8-bit transceivers featuring non-inverting 3-state bus compatible outputs in both send and receive directions. The device features an output enable (OE) input for easy cascading and a send/receive (DIR) input for direction control. OE controls the outputs so that the buses are effectively isolated.
Inputs can be driven from either 3.3 V or 5 V devices. When disabled, up to 5.5 V can be applied to the outputs. These features allow the use of these devices in mixed 3.3 V and 5 V applications.
The 74LVCH245A bus hold on data inputs eliminates the need for external pull-up resistors to hold unused inputs.
- 5 V tolerant inputs/outputs for interfacing with 5 V logic
- Wide supply voltage range from 1.2 V to 3.6 V
- CMOS low-power consumption
- Direct interface with TTL levels
- Inputs accept voltages up to 5.5 V
- High-impedance when VCC = 0 V
- Bushold on all data inputs (74LVCH245A only)
- Complies with JEDEC standard:
- JESD8-7A (1.65 V to 1.95 V)
- JESD8-5A (2.3 V to 2.7 V)
- JESD8-C/JESD36 (2.7 V to 3.6 V)
- ESD protection:
- HBM JESD22-A114F exceeds 2000 V
- MM JESD22-A115B exceeds 200 V
- CDM JESD22-C101E exceeds 1000 V
- Specified from -40 °C to +85 °C and -40 °C to +125 °C