PC/104 Eight- and Four-Port RS-422/485 Serial Communication
These are eight or four-port, asynchronous, serial communication boards designed for use on the PC/104 bus. They support RS-485 and RS-422 communications. The boards may be installed in any standard PC/104 stack. Connections are made via a 50 pin IDC type right angle connector.
Common applications include POS, gaming systems, machine monitoring, military and highdensity networking.
- 8 or 4 independent asynchronous serial COM ports
- Field selectable RS-422 and RS-485, independent for each port
- Auto-RTS feature makes half-duplex RS-485 communications effortless
- Speeds up to 921.6K
- Fixed bias and jumper selectable termination provided on each transmit and receive channel simplifies cabling
- Programmable individual non-volatile base addresses and IRQs simplifies installation
- Low power required: +5VDC at 80 mA typical
- Operates as a standard COM port in all operating systems
- Factory Options: (call for pricing and availability)
- 16850 UARTs with 128-byte FIFO
- 0 to 70°C and -40 to +85°C versions available