Model 7954 Dual Channel RS-530 Mode-S Solid State Switch, DB25 Interface with Exclusive Automatic Remote Control & Monitoring
- Utilizes Solid State High Speed Analog Switches for improved reliability. No moving parts or contacts to degrade.
The PathWay® Model 7954 Dual Channel RS-530 Mode-S, AB Switch with DB25 Interface, Remote Control and Solid State Auto-Switching Functions allows the user two independent channels of A/B switch function. The A/B function permits data on input MPS ports from either of two devices connected to ports MPSA-IN and MPSB-IN, to stream through to output ports MPSA-OUT and MPSB-OUT, respectively. Only one position, A or B, may stream data at a time for each channel. The Model 7954 is configured to mount in a standard 19 inch equipment rack within 1U of rack space.
This 2-position data switch is controlled remotely from a device connected to its REMOTE port. The Remote port has a custom interface DB25 connector located o the rear of the unit. The various status, monitoring and control signals present on this port allow the switch to be managed by a device capable of interpreting these signals and, based on these signals, issue control commands to be executed by the switch. The details of operation are discussed in the Operator's Manual.
The switch position status is displayed on the front panel LEDs. There are no local control buttons on the unit. All position control is managed via the Remote port.
- The switched ports are transparent to all data.
- Twelve pins per channel are supported (4 pins switched, 8 pins bussed through).
- The DTR / DCD lines of the RS530 interface are switched based on desired position, TXD, TXC are passed through the unit from IN to OUT at all times.
- Channels 1 & 2 are switched independently.
- Switch data activity may be monitored via the Remote port.
- Switch position can be interpreted / read by status pins that are part of the Remote port.
- Switch position is managed by the device connected to the Remote port, exclusively.
- Front panel LEDs display the current switch position and power status.
- Switch function is implemented with solid state technology and will not maintain current pathways during power failure.
- Upon power up, each channel will align with its CONTROL contact input.