The PathWay® Model 7272 Single Channel RS530 AB Network Switch with DB25 connector interface supports connections between a single RS530 device or peripheral to be shared between two other devices or peripherals connected to ports A or B. These ports are also DB25 connectors and each supports an RS530 interface. The Model 7272 Single Channel data switch is compactly enclosed in a low profile, 19-inch 1U rack unit.
The Model 7272 data switch may be controlled locally by manually operating the front panel pushbutton or remotely from the DB9 Contact Control Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
- Allows quick connection to any one of two DB25 devices from one COMMON device.
- A, B port connectors - DB25 (female)
- COMMON port connector - DB25 (male).
- All (25) signal lines of the DB25 RS530 interface connector are switched.
- Eliminates the need to plug and unplug cables.
- Local switch position control via pushbutton on front panel.
- Remote control via contact closure of specified pins of DB9 Remote port.
- LED's display switch position and power status.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- When power is lost, unit retains last switch position and continues to pass data.
- When power is restored, switch position will be determined by the state of contact command on REMOTE port.
- Unit mounts in standard 19" equipment rack, 1U rack space.
- Wide range power supply is standard with this unit.
- Attractive anodized black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
- Custom length DB25 cables available for your switch installation.