USB 2.0 to 2.5" HDD Enclosure (Drive not included)
- Fully compliant with USB 2.0 and 1.1
- Interface: 44-pin ATA/ATAPI to USB
- Data Transfer Rate: USB 1.1 OHCI 1.5Mbps, 12Mbps; USB 2.0 EHCI 480Mbps
- Length: USB Cable 1.5m; Power Cable 1m
- One dual color LED (Active: orange/Power On: green)
- Fully Ultra ATA/ATAPI compatible
- Supports maximum IDE/ATA data transfer rate of 100MB/sec
- Compliant to ATA/ATAPI-5 specifications and PCI 2.1
- Compliant with Ultra ATA/33, ATA/66, ATA/100, IDE & ATAPI devices
- Powered from USB port. Please Note: Some USB ports, specifically on notebook or laptop computers, may not provide enough current for this. If working current is insufficient, it offsets from external power through DC Jack (requires 5VDC, Center=positive).
- Supports Windows™ 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP and MAC™ OS 9.x or 10
The physical dimensions of the drive needs to be at or less than the dimensions shown above in order for the drive to fit in the enclosure. Maximum thickness is .375 inches or 3/8 inches.
- USB peripherals can connect either to a computer's port or to a hub.
- If the computer doesn't have enough ports for all the peripherals, a hub is necessary.
- Maximum length on individual cables is 5 Meters.
- No terminators are needed on this bus.
- The A (flat) type port would be considered the "out" port on a computer or hub.
- The B (square) type port would be considered an "in" port on hubs or peripherals.
- A typical USB "out" (Type-A) port can provide up to 500mA.
- The speed is 12 Megabytes per second for USB 1.1 or 480 Megabytes per second for USB 2.0, the maximum number of peripherals to a controller is 63 (hubs needed when the computer runs out of ports).