USB to Ethernet 10/100BaseT Adapter
- Compliant with USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 specifications
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3 (10Base-T) and 802.3u (100Base-TX) standards
- Supports both full-duplex and half-duplex operations.
- Supports suspend mode and remote wakeup via link-up and magic packet.
- Powered by USB port, no external power adapter required.
- Equips with diagnostic LEDs
- Plug & Play installation
- IBM compatible pentium-233MHz or faster PC or Mac
- 64 MB RAM or more
- One available USB port
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista 32/64-bit; Mac OS x 10.x
Please note: This adapter is designed to connect a computer or laptop to an Ethernet network, for connecting a Printer to an Ethernet network, please see our NEX4121.
- USB peripherals can connect either to a computer's port or to a hub.
- If the computer doesn't have enough ports for all the peripherals, a hub is necessary.
- Maximum length on individual cables is 5 Meters.
- No terminators are needed on this bus.
- The A (flat) type port would be considered the "out" port on a computer or hub.
- The B (square) type port would be considered an "in" port on hubs or peripherals.
- A typical USB "out" (Type-A) port can provide up to 500mA.
- The speed is 12 Megabytes per second for USB 1.1 or 480 Megabytes per second for USB 2.0, the maximum number of peripherals to a controller is 63 (hubs needed when the computer runs out of ports).