- PCI Express Mini Card (mPCIe) Type F1, With Latching I/O Connectors
- Four And Two-Port mPCIe Serial Cards With Optional DB9M Connectivity
- Four Software Selectable Serial Types: RS-232, RS-422, And RS-485 (2Wire & 4Wire)
- “SM” Models Support All 3 Serial Types. “S” Models Support RS-422 And RS-485
- High Performance 16C950-Class UARTs With 128-Byte FIFO For Tx And Rx Buffering
- Supports Data Communication Rates To 921.6Kbps In RS232 – As High As 3Mbps In Differential Modes – 16Mhz With Custom Crystal Option
- Port-By-Port Field Selectable Termination For RS422 & RS485 Applications
- Virtually Any Custom Baud Rate May Be Configured By The User Via Register Settings, No Custom Oscillator Needed
- ±15kV ESD Protection On All Signal Pins
- Supports CTS, RTS, And 9-Bit Data Mode
- RoHS And Industrial Temp (-40°C To 85°C) Both Standard
The mPCIe-COM-4SM family of cards feature high performance 16C950-class UARTs. Available in 4-port and 2-port versions, each port is capable of communication speeds up to 921.6kbps in RS-232 (differential modes support speeds as high as 3Mbps) and has 128-byte deep transmit and receive FIFOs. Large FIFOs protect against data loss in multitasking operating systems, reduce CPU utilization, and improve data throughput, while reducing or eliminating inter-character or inter-packet pauses. The advanced integrated circuit with pre-scalar supports a wide variety of custom baud rates, and any rates not otherwise achievable can be supported via a custom factory-installed crystal oscillator (up to 16Mbps!).
RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 can be software selected, per port, and the selection is stored in non-volatile memory for future use. If you don’t need that much flexibility you can order versions with only RS422/485 or even pure RS232. The RS232 ports provided by the card are 100% compatible with every other industry-standard serial COM device, supporting TX, RX, RTS, and CTS. RS422 mode uses the same transceivers as the RS-485 specification, allowing perfect 4-wire RS-422 and RS-485 compatibility – and the device supports RS-485 4-wire.
Communication is possible either with custom application software, with off-the-shelf applications (such as HyperTerminal), or with provided samples and utilities, including WinRISC™ (“Windows Really Incredibly Simple Communication”).
The serial ports on the device are accessed using a low-profile, latching, 6-pin Hirose connector. Optional breakout cables are available, and bring each port connection to a panel-mountable DB9-M connector.
- Health and Medical Systems
- Point of Sale (POS)
- Automated Retail Kiosks
- Embedded Systems
- Traffic Systems
- Factory Automation and Process Control
Please contact ACCES with your precise requirement. Examples of special orders would be custom oscillators, conformal coating, custom software or product labeling, and more. We will work with you to provide exactly what is required.
Accessories and Connections
Available accessories include 4 or 2-port DB-9 cable kits and screw terminal board for quick and easy connectivity, as well as 2mm and 2.5mm mounting hardware. The ADAP9 accessory provides a screw terminal connection to break out the RS232, RS422, and RS485 signals on the DB9M connector. I/O is accessed via Hirose DF57 6-pin latching connectors on the card.
A complete driver support package is provided including an easy-to-use Windows terminal program for testing your COM ports. This simplifies the verification of proper COM port operation. The card installs as standard COM ports in all operating systems including DOS, Linux (including Mac OS X) and 32-bit and 64-bit Windows. Additional drivers may be available for a wide variety of operating systems including Windows CE, please contact the factory for compatibility with your specific OS.