- Four and two-port PCI Express serial communication cards with on board DB9M or RJ45 connectivity
- Serial protocol (RS-232/422/485) SOFTWARE CONFIGURED per port, stored in EEPROM for auto-configure at next boot
- High performance 16C950 class UARTs with 128-byte FIFO for each transmit and receive buffer
- Supports data communication speeds up to 3Mbps (standard model RS-232 is 460.8kbps)
- ±15kV ESD protection on all signal pins
- Supports 9-bit data mode
- Full modem control signals in RS-232 mode
- Software compatible with all operating systems
- Selectable termination for RS-485 applications
- Extended temperature operation (-40° to +85°C)
- High-speed RS-232 version up to 921.6kbps
- RoHS compliant version
- Remote wake-up enable on COM A
ACCES I/O’s PCI Express multi-port multi-protocol serial communication cards deliver four (PCIe-COM-4SMDB, PCIe-COM-4SMRJ) or two (PCIe-COM-2SMDB, PCIe-COM-2SMRJ), high-speed serial communication ports for use in a wide variety of applications. The cards were designed to offer serial compatibility with the PCI Express bus and to be used by system integrators and manufacturers in the design of industrial and commercial systems. Each COM port is capable of supporting data rates up to 3Mbps and implements full modem control signals in RS-232 mode to ensure compatibility with a broad variety of serial devices.
Perfect for existing serial peripherals to connect directly to the industry standard pin-out of the DB9M connectors or via a RJ45 connector. The card features a x1 lane PCI Express connector which can be used in any available x1, x2, x4, x8, x12, or x16 PCI Express expansion slot.
Available accessories include a broad range of cables, screw terminal boards and breakout connection boxes for a variety of quick and easy connectivity options.
Please contact ACCES with your precise requirement. Examples of special orders would be conformal coating, custom software, etc., we will work with you to provide exactly what is required.
A complete driver support package is provided including an easy-to-use Windows terminal program for testing your COM ports. This simplifies the verification of proper COM port operation. The card installs as standard COM ports in all operating systems including DOS, Linux (including Mac OS X) and 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.