- Eight or four-port PCI Express serial communication cards
- Serial protocol (RS-232/422/485) SOFTWARE CONFIGURED per port, stored in EEPROM for auto-configure at next boot
- Low profile PCIe MD2 form factor, works in standard height or low-profile PCIe computers
- High performance 16C950 class UARTs with 128-byte FIFO for each TX and RX
- Supports data communication speeds up to 3Mbps (standard model RS-232 is 460.8kbps)
- ±15kV ESD protection on all signal pins
- Full modem control signals in RS-232 mode
- Software compatible with all operating systems
- Jumper selectable termination per port for RS-485 applications
- 3' breakout cable included, terminating with industry-standard DB9M connectors (no external breakout box required)
- Also available in RS-485 and RS-422 only versions
- Connector strengthening bracket for secure and fail-proof cable connections
- Extended temperature operation (-40°C to +85°C)
- High-speed RS-232 version up to 921.6kbps
- RoHS compliant version
- Remote wake-up enable
- Low profile bracket installed for small, embeddeded PCs
ACCES I/O’s PCI Express multi-port multi-protocol serial communication cards deliver eight (PCIe-COM-8SM) or four (PCIe-COM-4SM), high-speed serial communication ports for use in a wide variety of applications. The cards were designed to offer serial compatibility with the PCI Express bus and to be used by system integrators and manufacturers in the design of industrial and commercial systems. Each COM port is capable of supporting data rates up to 3Mbps and implements full modem control signals in RS-232 mode to ensure compatibility with a broad variety of serial devices. The card features a x1 lane PCI Express connector which can be used in any available x1, x2, x4, x8, x12, or x16 PCI Express expansion slot.
The card is 6.6 inches in length and 2.2 inches seated height and complies with the MD2 Low Profile Form Factor specifications. Low profile PCI Express allows the design of small footprint, low profile systems while still offering expandability and upgradeability to the end user. A regular profile mounting bracket is installed for use in standard size computers, while an optional low profile bracket is provided for smaller systems which require the use of low profile PCI Express cards.
Typical serial peripherals can connect directly to the industry standard DB9M connectors on an optional breakout cable (see Ordering Guide). For DB9 pin-compatibility with legacy RS-485 systems that use our LPCI and PCI-COM485-8 cards and breakout cables, order the "NC" card model and breakout cable CAB-PCIe-485-8 (see DB9M RS-485 Pin Table)
Custom baud rates are available upon request. Please contact ACCES with your precise requirement. Other examples of special orders would be conformal coating, custom software, RJ45 connectivity, longer breakout cables, etc., we will work with you to provide exactly what is required.
A complete driver support package is provided including an easy-to-use Windows terminal program for testing out your COM ports. This simplifies the verification of proper COM port operation. The card installs as standard COM ports in all operating systems including DOS, Linux (including Mac OS X) and Windows XP/2003/2008/7/8/8.1.