- Eight or four-port PCI Express RS-232 serial communication cards
- Low profile PCIe MD1 form factor, MD1 defines the shortest standard card length available
- High performance 16C950 class UARTs with 128-byte FIFO for each TX and RX
- Supports data communication speeds up to 921.6kbps (standard model 460.8kbps)
- ±15kV ESD protection on all signal pins
- Full modem control signals
- Software compatible with all operating systems
- Plug and Play, no jumpers to configure
- 3’ breakout cable included, terminating with industry standard DB9M connectors (no external breakout box required)
- Connector strengthening bracket for secure and fail-proof connections
- Extended temperature (-40°C to +85°C)
- High speed version up to 921.6kbps
- RoHS compliant version
- Remote wake-up enable
- Low profile bracket installed for small, embedded PCs
ACCES I/O’s PCI Express multiport serial communication cards deliver eight (PCIe-COM232-8) or four (PCIe-COM232-4), high-speed, RS-232 ports for use in a wide variety of applications. The cards were designed to offer serial compatibility with the PCI Express bus and to be used by system integrators and manufacturers in the design of industrial and commercial systems. Each RS-232 port is capable of supporting data rates up to 921.6kbps and implements full modem control signals to ensure compatibility with a broad variety of serial devices. Existing serial peripherals can connect directly to the industry standard DB9M connectors which are provided on the breakout cable that ships with each card. The card features a x1 lane PCI Express connector which can be used in any available x1, x2, x4, x8, x12, or x16 PCI Express expansion slot.
The card is 4.7 inches in length and 2.2 inches seated height and complies with the MD1 Low Profile Form Factor specifications (the smallest PCI Express card available). Low profile PCI Express allows the design of small footprint, low profile systems while still offering expandability and upgradeability to the end user. A regular profile mounting bracket is installed for use in standard size computers, while a low profile bracket is provided for smaller systems which require the use of low profile PCI Express cards.
Available accessories include a broad range of cables, screw terminal boards and breakout connection boxes for a variety of quick and easy connectivity options.
Custom baud rates are available upon request. Please contact ACCES with your precise requirement. Other examples of special orders would be conformal coating, custom software, RJ45 connectivity, special breakout boxes, etc… we will work with you to provide exactly what is required.
A complete driver support package is provided including an easy-to-use Windows terminal program for testing out your COM ports. This simplifies the verification of proper COM port operation. The card installs as standard COM ports in all operating systems including DOS, Linux (including Mac OS X) and Windows XP/2003/2008/7/8/8.1.