- Universal PCI, PCI-X, 3.3V and 5V compatible (Call for PCI-Express availability)
- Two or Four RS-232 Serial Communication ports.
- Throughput up to 921.6 Kbps.
- 32-Bit PCI-bus Interface.
- UART includes 16-Byte FIFO Buffer.
- Compatible w/ MS-DOS, Windows, & Linux.
- FCC and CE approved
The PCI-COM232/2 and PCI-COM232/4 are high speed, dual or quad-port, asynchronous serial communications card for use in PCI-bus computers. They are 4.625 inches long (117.5 mm) and may be installed in any five-volt PCI slot in IBM compatible computers. A separate male DB9 connector is provided for each port, and for the quad-port, a breakout cable is included that terminates in DB9 connectors. Each independent port supports RS-232 single-ended transmission/reception at baud rates up to 921.6 Kbps. An on-board crystal oscillator provides means for precise baud rate selection. The card is UART-type-16C550 compatible and includes a 16-byte transmit/receive buffer to protect against lost data in multitasking systems. Extensive software driver support is provided on CD. The card automatically configures with Windows Plug & Play functionality.