SS4179 is a colourless primer from Momentive Performance Materials formulated for use with RTV silicone rubber adhesive sealants. This grade is from a range of one-component primers used to help promote adhesion to difficult-to-bond surfaces.
SS4179 helps promote adhesion to plastic substrates including:
- acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS)
- cellulosics (cellulose acetate)
- polyphenylene oxide resins (PPO®)
- rigid polyvinychloride (PVC)
- thermoplastic resins (Noryl®)
- Colour: Clear/Colourless
- Dry Time: 15 mins
- Suitable Substrates: Plastics
- Recommended for use with all 1 Part Condensation Cure RTV's
- FDA Approved
- Preserves visibility of clear products
- One-component, no mixing required
- Dries at room temperature
For further details on the SS4179 relationship with certain substrates, application information and handling guidelines please consult the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) and Safety Data Sheet (SDS).