BECOLITE™ is a medium/fine filtration perlite for the fining of liquids with a high opacity level such as beer, wine, fruit juices, priming solutions, oil, starch, gelatin, etc. Perlite is known to be inert and will not impart any taste, color or odor to the liquid being filtered.
BECOLITE 3000 perlite is produced from perlite (vulcanized glass) via a process of sudden heating and distension. The perlite particles are standardized to a precisely defined size via a process of grinding and sifting. BECOLITE 3000 perlite is virtually free from non-filtering particles such as fine dust, grit and floaters (= closed pored, floating particles).
- Particularly cost-effective due to long filter operating life and high flow capacity
- Formation of a fissure-free, homogenous filter cake guarantees reliable filtration
- Virtually free from non-filtering particles
- Highest possible purity, safe in accordance with German and EU directives
BECOLITE is used as follows:
- In tank filter presses for drainage and improving permeability of sludge
- In sheet- and boiler filters for powder filtration in combination with other filtration aids and additives (BECOGUR™ diatomaceous earth, BECOCEL™ filter cellulose, BECOFLOC® filter flakes)
- For base coating in diatomite filtration
BECOLITE is continually monitored in the laboratory to ensure consistently high product quality levels.