BECOCEL® filter cellulose is a highly pure cellulose fiber material that is available in graduated fiber lengths and is finely fibrillated. Its fiber structure forms a loose but strong filter cake that offers an enhanced contaminant holding capacity. BECOCEL filter cellulose can be used as the only filter aid, or it can be added to other filter aids.
Filter aids, such as diatomaceous earth and perlite, have a fine-grained structure. Therefore, fine cracks and pitting in the pre-coated filter cake are not always avoidable. Contaminant breakthrough is a consequence of the extremely high flow rate and filter aid particles may pass into the filtrate.
Specially processed fiber materials, such as BECOCEL filter cellulose, deposited either as a pre-coat or by a body feed technique, form a stable base for the product flow and reinforce the filter cake. Cracks and pitting are avoided, small damaged patches in the support surface are safely bridged and pressure fluctuations are balanced out.
- Soft, flexible fibers
- Extremely unreactive, inert fibers
- Insoluble in water and virtually all organic solvents
- Hydrophilic, lipophilic
- Temperature resistant up to 150 °C
- Can absorb 2 – 7 times its own weight in liquid
- Does not clog sewage systems
- Filter cakes containing BECOCEL filter cellulose can be easily disposed of as animal feed, compost or by burning.
BECOCEL filter cellulose is controlled continuously for purity and uniformly high quality. The BECO® quality control laboratory keeps a constant check on the chemical purity and compliance with statutory standards.