BECOSORB is a silica gel—a highly pure, amorphous silicon dioxide that is used for selective adsorption of protein matter that can cause turbidity in beer. Eaton offers three different silica gels formulated especially for beer stabilization.
BECOSORB silica gel is a saturated non-swelling silicic acid xerogel. The defined article size of BECOSORB is formulated especially for beer filtration. The uniform surface structure and pore size, together with optimum pore volume, guarantee that protein compounds of high molecular weight, which might otherwise give rise to colloidal haze, are adsorbed from the beer.
- Selective adsorption of protein fractions of high molecular weight
- No influence on components of low molecular weight that are positive for foam formation
- Suitable for all common beer stabilizing methods
- Hydrated silica gel product forms virtually no dust during handling
- Supports the filtration process
- Can be combined with PVPP and diatomaceous earth products
- It is chemically inert, leading to a neutral flavor and aroma
- Free from contaminants which would spoil the beer
BECOSORB silica gel is monitored constantly in the laboratory to ensure consistently high quality.