Standard Vortex Enclosure Coolers are available NEMA 12, NEMA 4 and NEMA 4X versions, and can be purchased with an electric thermostat or without a thermostat (constant run). The electrical enclosure cooling thermostat model maintains tight control on the temperature setpoint of +/- 3 deg F. Vortex electric enclosure cooling systems are available in cooling capacities ranging from 400 BTU/hr to 5000 BTU/hr.
Enclosure Coolers keep Electrical and Electronic Enclosures cool, clean and protected and are a low cost alternative to expensive, high maintenance air conditioners; and avoid contamination with dirty, humid air caused by fans.
Today’s small, compact multi-function electronic controls, variable speed drives, servos and programmable logic controllers are extremely sensitive to heat and contamination. Smaller cabinet sizes make temperature control difficult and prone to premature failures. Excessive heat will cause digital displays to misread, controls to drift, and breakers to trip below rated loads. The result is productivity lost due to machine or line shutdowns.
Vortex Enclosure Coolers maintain a slight pressurization in the cabinet to keep electrical and electronic components clean and dry; and most are thermostatically controlled to maintain enclosure temperatures within a specified temperature range.
- Thermostatically controlled models maintain enclosure temperatures within ideal range
- Highly reliable, with full 10 year warranty
- No ambient, dirty or humid air enters the cabinet
- Can be used on all cabinets, even in tight spaces
- No wiring required to install most models
- Operates in environments up to 175 deg F
- Low cost, compared to Freon air conditioners
- Thermostatically controlled models reduce operating cost
- Multiple cooling capacities available, to optimize performance and operating cost
- Little maintenance required, as compared to Freon A/C and fans
- Use no refrigerants
- Small footprint to fit on all enclosures and in confined areas
- Electrical thermostat models can be set to desired temperature +/- 3 deg F
- Supplied with air filter and ducting kit
- Maintains slight pressurization in the enclosure