Panel Guard Enclosure Coolers enhance the benefits of Vortex coolers for enclosure cooling by adding a mechanical thermostat for optimum temperature control without the need for wiring. Standard Vortex Coolers utilize an electrical thermostat with a solenoid, so installation must include running wiring from the cabinet to the Cooler.
Panel Guard models do not require wiring so installation is quick and easy and the energy use reduction advantages of using a thermostat are maintained. Panel Guard Enclosure Coolers are available in 3 different cooling capacities and are rated for NEMA 4 enclosures.
All of Vortec’s Enclosure Coolers keep Electrical and Electronic Enclosures cool, clean and protected and are a low cost alternative to expensive, high maintenance air conditioners; and avoid contamination with dirty, humid air caused by fans.
Today’s small, compact multi-function electronic controls, variable speed drives, servos and programmable logic controllers are extremely sensitive to heat and contamination. Smaller cabinet sizes make temperature control difficult and prone to premature failures. Excessive heat will cause digital displays to misread, controls to drift, and breakers to trip below rated loads. The result is productivity lost due to machine or line shutdowns.
Vortex Enclosure Coolers maintain a slight pressurization in the cabinet to keep electrical and electronic components clean and dry; and most are thermostatically controlled to maintain enclosure temperatures within a specified temperature range.
- Easy to install in about 5 minutes
- No wiring required to install
- Thermostatically controlled to maintain enclosure temperatures within ideal range
- Highly reliable, with full 10 year warranty
- No ambient, dirty or humid air enters the cabinet
- Can be used on all NEMA 4 cabinets, even in tight spaces
- Operates in environments up to 175 deg F
- Low cost, compared to Freon air conditioners
- Thermostatically controlled to reduce operating cost
- Multiple cooling capacities available, to optimize performance and operating cost
- Little maintenance required, as compared to Freon A/C and fans
- Use no refrigerants
- Small footprint to fit on all enclosures and in confined areas
- Top mount
- Mechanical thermostat maintain temperature between 80 - 90 deg F
- Supplied with air filter and ducting kit
- Maintains slight pressurization in the enclosure