SITRANS LVS200 is a vibrating point level switch for high, low, or demand level detection of bulk solids.
- High resistance to mechanical forces
- Strong vibration resistance to high bulk material loads
- Rotatable enclosure for convenient wiring
- Suitable for low density material: standard version, 20 g/l (1.3 lb/ft3); liquid/solid interface version, 50 g/l (3 lb/ft3) and low density option min. 5 g/l (0.3 lb/ft3)
- Customer desired extensions up to 20 000 mm (787 inch)
- Optional detection of solids within liquid
- Durable short fork option with 165 mm (6.5 inch) insertion length
The standard LVS200 detects high, low, or demand levels of dry bulk solids in bins, silos, or hoppers. The liquid/solid interface version can also detect settled solids within liquids or solids within confined spaces such as feed pipes. It is designed to ignore liquids in order to detect the interface between a solid and a liquid.
A pipe extension version is available with either the standard or liquid/solid interface electronics and fork, separated by a customer supplied 1 inch pipe.
SITRANS LVS200 has an optional 4 ... 20 mA output for monitoring buildup on the fork to determine when preventative maintenance should be performed in sticky applications.
The LVS200 has a compact design and can be top, side or angle mounted. The vibrating fork design ensures the tines are kept clean. The unique design of the fork and crystal assembly eliminates false high level readings even if tines become damaged.
A signal from the electronic circuit excites a crystal in the probe causing the fork to vibrate. If the fork is covered by material, the change in vibration is detected by the electronic circuitry which causes the relay to change state after a one second delay. When the fork is free from material pressure, full vibration resumes and the relay reverts to its normal condition.
- Key Applications: dry bulk solids in bins, silos, hoppers or settled solids within liquids (interface version)